Wednesday, December 08, 2004

A bizarre twist in coincidence last night continuing from Monday. Monday: I decided to take advantage of the fact that the Tate Britain is just around the corner from my flat and try and get on telly while the Turner Prize was being awarded. I got into the actual building by smiling at the guards when they asked for my invivtation and saying I didn't have one. Obviously, all arty people do this because they're "mad" and "out there" and "don't carry anything" because they let me past no problems. Came to a slight flaw when it came to having my name on the list and I was flurried out of the building by anxious curator types who thrust me accusingly at the guards and looked at me as if I had a bomb shoved up my top ready to deploy. The earnest arty demonstrators outside looked thoroughly bemused and a photographer took photos of me under the impression I worked for the NME. Hum.

Tuesday: Kerrang gave me free tickets to go and watch The Features at the Dublin Castle last night which I reviewed for Artrocker. This Italian guy with an extremely large camera tapped me on the shoulder and asked if he'd seen me here before. Turns out it was the guy from the Tate! God I love random coincidences.

No comments: