Monday, April 16, 2007

Gumtree's opened up a whole load of new sections for people who can't find a flat/job/fuckbuddy to waste time on while praying for the fjb to materialise. It includes a thank you section which seems to be a place for people to vent ("St Thomas's Hospital is corrupt! If you're a journalist email me for the truth!") or write little private messages ("Thank you for last night. It was amazing.") and also to write little secrets that nobody will ever find. It's like postsecret all over again, an old curiosity shop filled with the spillings from people's lives. Like this one for instance.

"Thank you Maria for who you are! Thanks for being such a great, lively, friendly person. Thank you for the beauty and warmth you spread around! Your friends all adore you so much! and your smile is the most beautiful thing I have seen.
You take my breath away every time I see you. I can't speak my mind when I am near you - being close to you always makes me a bit shy and wish I could be more assertive with you. But I wish you liked me more. Thank you for allowing me to be your friend .....

I wish I could tell you how much I love you."

No comments: