Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Electro. Geddit? Sigh.

As I sit here gazing at all the glory that the Cyber Candy shop in Cov Garden is capable of giving (Pretzel Flipz! Yes! The white ones!), I'm reckoning that I need to make some mates Stateside. The eternally gorgeous and cool Goldfrapp (learn some new dances ladies! Like, a year ago!) are releasing a remix album called 'We Are Glitter' on October 17, but very meanly they're only doing so in the States.

This is crap because I've heard some of the remixes and they're ace, plus I love The Shortwave Set and can only imagine what wonders their charity shop-thieving antics would wreak upon 'Satin Chic'. Oh, and the tremendous T. Raumschmiere is doing 'Lovely 2 C U', and as his 'Train' remix was pretty cool and he's basically a god, that will be great.

Oh! And that Flaming Lips single will be released on August 14 I think which will be brilliant. I think the 'Slide In' remix is by the other DFA and not DFA 1979 which is what I always think of when I see DFA, and makes slightly more sense, although it would be amazing if they did something like that. Hardcore. Gorgeous.

Enough thinking. More Cyber Candy sweets.

Le tracklisting:

Satin Chic (Bombay Mix by the Shortwave Set)
Lovely 2 C U(T. Raumschmiere Remix)
Ooh La La (Benny Benassi Remix Extended)
You Never Know (Mum Remix)
Satin Chic (Through the Mystic Mix, Dimension 11 by The Flaming Lips)
Number 1 (Alan Braxe & Fred Falke Main Remix)
Fly Me Away (C2 Rmx 4)
Ride A White Horse ( FK- EK Vocal Version)
Slide In (DFA Remix)

Bonus Track:
Strict Machine (We Are Glitter Mix)

Hope you're dandy, if not as full of sweets as me.

No comments: